What's happening in Oxford today, Tuesday, Aug. 6:
- Science Snoopers: Hide and Seek for children ages 3-7 at the Oxford Public Library will be held at 10:30 a.m.
- If you’re interested in local government and/or development in Oxford, you might want to check out this public hearing at 7 p.m. The developer of Glendale at Oxford wants to modify his plan, removing the age-restricted component.
- The final summer concert on the beach of the season will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Jackson Cove. The band Flashback will play. Flashback is one of Connecticut's premier oldies bands, specializing in 50's & 60's Rock 'n' Roll.
- The director of the Wolf Conservation Center in South Salem, N.Y., will introduce the film 'In the Valley of the Wolves' an Emmy Award-winning film by Bob Landis in the Lamar Valley of Yellowstone, and lead a discussion afterwards, at New Morning Market in Woodbury at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
- “The Mighty Conquerors" will perform the music of Bob Marley to share the spirit of the king of reggae with the world at the Gatehouse Cafe at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.