The recently redesigned Patch.com sites now feature user posts on the homepage and are a great way to reach readers. The board posts go live within 48 hours.
Here are a few quick tips to get you started:
- Be sure to use Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari as your web browser before you begin. (The site does not function with Internet Explorer.)
- Always save a copy of your press release before uploading to the site.
- Choose the Patch where you want your announcement posted.
- If you are new to Patch.com, click Join Now. If you are a return visitor, log in.
- Click on the Boards tab at the top of the homepage.
- Choose from Announcements, Opinion or Business Updates–depending on the category of your press release.
- Fill in the title and description, add a photo or video and click Post Now.
- Within 48 hours your press release will appear on the site.
- Be sure to Facebook and Tweet the link once it is live!
Have a question about uploading your press release? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for some extra Patch help today.