The Oxford Ambulance Association is still collecting items to send to New York for Hurricane Sandy victims.
Since Monday, Nov. 5, the association has collected items in its ambulance bay at 484 Oxford Road between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. The association will accept collections through today, Friday, Nov. 9, at 6 p.m.
"We are planning on renting a truck or two and bringing everything to either Staten island or Brooklyn," said Madalene Taggart, assistant director of Oxford Ambulance. She said the association is trying to fill a trailer, and the association does not need clothing at this point.
The association is also accepting monetary donations to to help offset the cost of rental trucks, if they cannot ge them donated.
The following is a list of items being collected:
Thermals and Coats Only for clothing; also, new blankets are needed
- 100 percent fruit Juice (cans, bottles, boxes)
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Chunky soups and beef stew
- Gluten-free products
- Macaroni & cheese
- Peanut butter
- Powdered milk
- Dry rice and canned beans
- Baby food/baby formula/ baby wipes
- Sugar free, low sodium, and no salt items
- Tuna and other canned meat
- Granola bars
- Snack packs
- Kosher foods
Personal Care Items Most Needed
- Shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Diapers, detergent and deodorant
- Shaving cream, razors and hairbrushes
- Hand sanitizers
- paper towels
- garbage bags
- toilet paper
- spray bottles