Today is Thursday, August 30, the 243rd day of the year and International Day of the Disappeared.
- Fire at a home in Oxford last weekend
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 83. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday Night: Clear, with a low around 54. Light west wind.
Events & Reminders
- A will be held from 5-7 tonight at Oxford High School
Today in History
- 1963: The Hotline between U.S. and Soviet leaders goes into operation.
- 1967: Thurgood Marshall is confirmed as the first African American Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 1984: The Space Shuttle Discovery takes off on its maiden voyage.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.