Today is Tuesday, October 23, the 297th day of the year and Mole Day.
Last Debate: Who Won?
Sports: Esteves scores four TDs in Oxford win
State News: CT Budget Deficit Rises to $60M
Tuesday: A chance of showers, mainly after 11 .am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
Tuesday Night: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 47. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
Events & Reminders
- The Oxford Conservation and Inland Wetlands Commission will meet at 7:30 tonight. The commission is expected to receive a resolution from its attorney that it will read to deny a trailer park plan.
- The Oxford Economic Development Commission will meet at 7 tonight at Town Hall. See agenda here.
Today in History
- 1861: President Abraham Lincoln suspends the writ of habeas corpus in Washington, D.C. for all military-related cases.
- 1929: The first North American transcontinental air service begins between New York City and Los Angeles.
- 1946: The United Nations General Assembly convenes for the first time, at an auditorium in Flushing, Queens, New York.
- 1958: The Smurfs, a fictional race of blue dwarves later popularized in a Hanna-Barbera animated cartoon series, appear for the first time in the story La flute à six schtroumpfs, a Johan and Peewit adventure by Peyo that is serialized in the weekly comics magazine Spirou.
- 2001: Apple announces the iPod.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.