The commute could be messy, as the NWS forecast calls for snow and sleet to mix or change to freezing rain, just in time for Wednesday morning.
"Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibility and use caution while driving," the NWS stated in its winter weather advisory alert.
Oxford Forecast (per National Weather Service)
- Winter weather advisory in effect from midnight Wed., Jan. 16, to 4 p.m. Jan. 16.
- This afternoon (Jan. 15): Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. North wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Tonight: A slight chance of rain, snow, and sleet before 11 p.m., then a chance of rain and snow between 11 p.m. and 2 a.m., then snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely after 2 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half-inch possible.
- Wednesday: Snow before 11 a.m., then rain, snow, and sleet likely. High near 37. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind 5 to 7 mph.