Editor's Note: The original article said that it was a boy who was saved from the home. It was a girl, the man's daughter. We have corrected the mistake. We're glad everyone is OK. - Paul Singley
An Oxford resident evacuated his daughter and dogs from his home when a fire broke out in his kitchen Sunday afternoon.
The fire occurred at 323 Quaker Farms Road, when a grease fire spread after oil that was being used to cook French fires caught fire, firefighters said. The fire spread to a stove, a microwave and a kitchen.
The homeowner threw the oil pan outside and then tried to put out the flames with a fire extinguishers, firefighter said.
Firefighters arrive shortly thereafter and said they noticed heavy smoke coming from the Colonial-style home. They put out the flames with a pumper truck.
Nobody was injured and the fire was contained to the kitchen.