Oxford Man Suffers Burns After Aerosol Can Explodes

Fire Chief: Man didn't realize there was an aerosol can in a pile of papers he was burning in his fireplace.

An Oxford man sustained burns to his face and hands on Friday while an aerosol can exploded in his fireplace, Fire Chief Scott Pelletier said.

Firefighters responded to 40 Greenbrier Road after a man sustained burns while he was burning papers in his fireplace; the man didn't realize an aerosol can was in one of the boxes that he was burning, Pelletier said.

He was transported by Oxford Ambulance to the VA Hospital in West Haven where he was treated and released, Pelletier said. He said the man had minor burns on his face and more serious burns on his hands.

The house is owned by Robert and Janice Silvia.

Oxford volunteer firefighters also responded Friday to a tractor fire on Jackson's Cove Road and a pickup truck fire on Oxford Road. No injuries were reported in those incidents.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »