Patch loves the first day of school, and we want to share in your memories with our latest contest.
To enter, upload your favorite first day of school photo to this article. It can be from this year, or 30 years ago! Tell us in the caption what makes it special to you — Patch editors will weigh that when choosing the finalists.
You may only enter one photo.
We will accept photo entries from 5 a.m. on Sept. 10 through 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 14. Patch editors will then choose the finalist photos.
Voting in the comments section of the article will begin at 5 a.m., Sept. 17, and end at 6 p.m., Sept. 20. The photo with the most comments will win a prize — a $50 gift card plus a Patch Back to School prize pack complete with a notebook, pens, folders and a hat and T-shirt.
Some more important information:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, upload a photo to this article.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m., Sept. 14, 2012 Eastern Time.
- You may enter one photo.
- Patch editors will choose 10 photos, which will advance to the voting round. Patch readers can vote for their favorite photos by posting in the comments on the article.
- Prize for the winning photo is a $50 gift card and a Patch Back to School prize package.
- for complete official rules.
This is a regional contest that accepts entries from Bethel, Bethwood, Brookfield, Danbury, Hamden, Milford, Monroe, Naugatuck, Newtown, Orange, Oxford, Ridgefield, Shelton, Southbury, Stratford, Trumbull, Woodbury-Middlebury.